Author Topic: Can't download the 'full version' file on PS3  (Read 529 times)

MarkSeed

• Seed
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
Can't download the 'full version' file on PS3
« on: April 24, 2020, 06:12:52 PM »
Hey,
I'm not sure, if somebody is still checking here, but I just recently bought 'Eufloria' on PS3.
It came with 2 files: The 'test version' file with 221,9MB downloaded and installed just fine.
The 'full version' file with 5,9KB always gives me the same error: "A server error has occurred. (HTTP Status Code: 404)"
I bought it in the German PSstore.

So far, I just played the test version and I like the game very much. Would be a shame, if I couldn't activate the full version. Can please somebody look into it??
Thank you very much in advance!

Bonobo

• Achiever
  • Old Oak
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 142
  • -Receive: 14
  • Eufloria: Yes
Re: Can't download the 'full version' file on PS3
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 02:17:07 AM »
Hello MarkSeed,

this forum is not really monitored any longer, for now we’ve moved to Discord, please see here:

https://www.euflorium.com/index.php?topic=3311.msg15406#msg15406 (link to the Discord server in that post).

Leafy greetings,
Tom

MarkSeed

• Seed
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 03:29:10 AM »
Wow, just a few days before I wrote here. What a timing...

Thank you for informing me. Do you mind getting the word out, that there is an issue with the small 'full version' file on PS3, that is suppose to unlock the full game?
Specifically in the German store, but from my experience Europe just gets one multi-language version, so it could very well be in all European stores.
The problem is an download issue. When it's suppose to go into the download, I always get that error message. So, the download never starts!

Bonobo

• Achiever
  • Old Oak
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 03:35:11 AM »
Hello MarkSeed,

thanks for the info, I’ve posted this on the Discord server. But I strongly recommend you join there since this will be closed soon-ish.

Herzliche Grüße aus der Lüneburger Heide  ;)
Tom

sillytuna

• Eufloria lacky
  • Administrator
  • Arboreal Being
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 58
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 04:50:57 AM »
Hey!

I don't handle the PS3 build but from what I know this sort of thing is usually a Sony issue that we have no control over. I've let Rudolf know but I suspect you'll need to contact Sony Customer Support / check your PS3 has space free / try logging out and back into your account.

Let us know what happens - and yes we're all on Discord these days so please do join us there and we'll sort out a Steam version if you need one + access to eufloria rpg.

MarkSeed

• Seed
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 08:05:47 PM »
@sillytuna

Thank you for the offer, but I'm more of a console gamer, I'm afraid.

So far the issue didn't get solved unfortunately.

Yes, I'm positive that it's a Sony issue, too. We're talking about the 6KB activation file here. I have more than enough space on my hard drive for that, plus just yesterday I bought a different game with a 'test file' + 'activation file' and that downloaded and installed just fine.

The reason I ended up here is, I read from other people with the same issue on different games, that it's the most effective to write the developer about it. But I did inform Sony support at the start of this week too, particularly telling them that I much rather have the game than a discount and they said they'll look into this. I test if the download works every day at different times, I hope it gets resolved soon...

@Bonobo

Vielen Dank für deine ganze Hilfe. Mit lieben Grüßen aus dem hektischen Frankfurt am Main  ;D

MarkSeed

• Seed
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 09:08:38 PM »
So, it seems like Sony didn't look into it, because they only send me a list with various points to check my connection. Which I did. I tried every point they send me and it's still the same error.

After searching for workarounds on the internet, I managed to find a tweet with the same problem from over a year ago:
https://twitter.com/Srassyfrass/status/1109441169203724289
I'm definitely not the only one. And it sucks to find out that this has been going on for longer, than I thought...

Can't you guys as the developer tell Sony to check on the activation file of your game?
I will try to get them to check on it too, but I feel like they will continue to tell me the issue is on my end.

Bonobo

• Achiever
  • Old Oak
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2020, 12:07:25 AM »
Mark, I’m sorry to tell you that this forum is REALLY not being monitored any longer … I’m just here sometimes to weed out some spammers, and the forum will be closed (or made read-only) any day now, AFAIK. Please join the Discord server (see PM I’m sending you right now).