This is the level I've been making over the past couple of days.
It's still a work in progress at the moment, but the current features of note are:
- A tree fractal algorithm to move asteroids in recursive orbits.
- Utility and feature functions for more modular code (not very neat at the moment).
- A debug mode for troubleshooting. This allows for things like the values of variables to be written out to a text file so you can check that they hold the expected value when the level is running.
Plans for future updates:
- Remove the "write debug info to file" thing and implement some live debugging tools instead for creating custom patterns (i.e. colour coded lines showing which asteroids are within range of each other and indicators showing which asteroids are colliding or too close to each other).
- Consolidating all of the fractal methods and attributes into a class.
- Add ability to pick from multiple fractal patterns at the start of the level, including one that uses the system clock to control asteroid positions (and also tweaking the send distances, distance between asteroids, asteroid movement speed and size differences in the original pattern).
- Integrating annikk's Infected AI (v2!).
- BUGFIX: Stopped crash on startup when failing to create debugging file while not in debug mode.