Author Topic: fluffy's new howse - dev blog  (Read 37190 times)

Bonobo

• Achiever
  • Old Oak
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 11
  • Was born, still alive.
    • German Mac Mailing Lists
  • Eufloria: Yes
Re: fluffy's new howse - dev blog
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2010, 08:43:34 PM »
I take it you’re inviting ALL Euflorium members to the consecration party, right? ;)

annikk.exe

• Achiever
  • Ent
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2010, 08:46:40 PM »
Sure :>  If you can pay the travel costs, you are most welcome to come and see it...

Might be best to wait until I've finished moving in though!  ;)

annikk.exe

• Achiever
  • Ent
  • Thank You
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2010, 05:54:59 PM »
Day Twenty-Three

Final day of decorating.

Detail.

We went round with tiny paintbrushes and tried to tidy up the edging work.  Sometimes paint leaks through the masking tape.

We got some of the most obvious bits.  Don't think people will notice anyway tbh.

Smokey thinks it's pretty cool in here.  :>

We dismantled my desk, and took it from the old flat to the new one, where we reassembled it.  We also brought over the most important bits of computer/music equipment, and a few things like toothbrush and some clothes, bedsheets, etc, so that I could move in that night.  We also brought over Simon's desk, bed, and most of his stuff.

It took us from 6pm until 2am to get that done - very hard work, and surprisingly stressful.  I think that was the toughest day of the entire project.

But it's over now.

Wish you were here... :>

Alex

• Administrator
  • Ent
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2010, 06:21:35 PM »
The first night in a new place is always pretty special, especially after hauling tons of seed around all day. Congrats.

Bonobo

• Achiever
  • Old Oak
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 11
  • Was born, still alive.
    • German Mac Mailing Lists
  • Eufloria: Yes
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2010, 08:55:33 PM »
Looks beautiful, respect for all that, conception and realisation. I couldn’t imagine that walls painted red would look that good. Amazing sky/ceiling. Pls post some night photos of ceiling some time.

annikk.exe

• Achiever
  • Ent
  • Thank You
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2010, 09:30:00 PM »
I'll be drafting my sister Mona in soon with her digital SLR to get some really nice captures of the room at night, when it's at its most magical.. :>

annikk.exe

• Achiever
  • Ent
  • Thank You
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2010, 09:58:53 PM »
Months later...

So I'm all moved in now.  My longtime friend James Provan came over and gave kind permission to use some pictures that he took of the room (thanks!), as well as part of the team of people responsible for putting it together.

I'm all done with captions for the night, so I will just say that the people pictured below (from left to right) are Jon, Tony, myself and Simon.  If you've been reading this thread from the beginning, you should hopefully recognise everyone anyway.  :>

I have some blinds now, by the way.  The cardboard is gone.  The blinds were fitted after these pictures were taken.

JamesCarlson

• Seed
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2013, 09:26:41 PM »
I am applying the same fervour and energy that I (aim to) bring to bear on level design, onto my new place.  :>  I got the keys on Friday, and mass redecorating started at 9:30am on Saturday morning, which was yesterday.

We worked till 11pm yesterday, then by 1:30pm today we were at it again.. finishing up once more at 11pm.  So far 5 people (including myself) are involved, and at least one more will be bringing their skills to the table soon.

I am implementing a Star Ceiling in my bedroom.  This will be around 400 fibre optic cables, each piping light out of holes in a false ceiling, which we will be putting up.  The cable bunches connect up to a fan-assisted halogen light, and there will be a 7 inch gap all around the border of the false ceiling, and led lighting will shine light down from the border.

The walls will be red and black...mainly red.

In case anyone decides to follow this thread, you should know that we are thoroughly documenting the progress in pictures.  Although there's not too much visible change currently as we are just re-painting white, sanding, etc.
Aforementioned pictures will be forthcoming later this week, or perhaps next week.

In the mean time, this is the previous room which I designed several years ago, and in which I have done all my level designing and other creative projects to date:

Overview of the room, as you would see walking in the door.

From the sofa, looking towards the splatter wall.

Detail shot of the corner of my desk + Virus

Glow in the dark stars and border runes - they continue across the entire ceiling.

My bed.

Perspective shot of the bed + sofa + desk corner.

The rack.

The scary side of the rack..

I also designed and built the desk.  :>

very Impressive looking lights.. Would love to get similar lights very soon
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 12:29:13 AM by JamesCarlson »