Author Topic: The "I want to but I can't" modding requests thread  (Read 217268 times)

w4tc

• Achiever
  • Shrub
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: The "I want to but I can't" modding requests thread
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2010, 11:49:04 PM »
That about that thing i am now trying to do for the CoreHealth()
then i can put it for all the asteriods in one time
if you have many asteroids will take a while
and i thing also it will useful for other things

Alex

• Administrator
  • Ent
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2010, 05:53:18 PM »
use these:

Globals.Asteroids.MinCoreHealth = 1000
Globals.Asteroids.MaxCoreHealth = 2000

Just substitute your own values instead of 1000 and 2000.

Terrial

• Sapling
  • Thank You
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2010, 02:32:14 AM »
Alex, has that intraversible function been added yet?  That could really come in handy for event orriented levels.  You could also use it for abilities, say there are asteroids 1,2,3 with one seedling on asteroid 1.  When the seedling is on #1, you could have an ability that allows you to put down a laser mine when you select an asteroid and right click in space.  The cooldown for this could be as such: when you move the seedling to the corresponding asteroid, it could start growing a defense tree, and when it hits the right level, you can use the ability again, for longer cooldown timers, a second or third defense tree could start after the first has reached it's max level.

Also, I was thinking that a function to make asteroids invisible might be nice (I don't think one exists) that makes it so that the empire cannot even tell the that asteroid is there, whereas when a roid is hidden, it just says it is undiscovered, if it is invisibible, it wouldn't even show up on the map.  I suppose this could be done by adding and removing roids in the game, but having a function might be more convenient. Just kidding, you already have this one

And finally, can you allow it so that asteroids do not all have to link up?  like say 2 asteroids are linked, but are disconected from the rest of the secter?  I tried to make a level like that and it refused to load.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 02:57:53 AM by Terrial »

w4tc

• Achiever
  • Shrub
  • Thank You
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2010, 07:50:19 AM »
thx alex :)

do you explain a bit or anyone else what this is?

Globals.Asteroids.MaxVolume (int)
Globals.Asteroids.TakeoverVolume (int)
Globals.Asteroids.RadiusPowerRule (float)
Globals.Asteroids.SizeFromEnergy (float)
Globals.Asteroids.SizeFromStrength (float)
Globals.Asteroids.SizeFromSpeed (float)
Globals.Asteroids.AttributeMinimum (float)
Globals.Asteroids.AttributeDivisions (int)
Globals.Asteroids.SendVolume (int)
Globals.Asteroids.AsteroidSelectRadius (int)
Globals.Asteroids.SendPowerRule (float)

it comes from : http://www.dyson-game.com/smf/index.php?topic=212.msg1864#msg1864

Terrial

• Sapling
  • Thank You
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2010, 07:51:47 AM »
yeah i want to know what the core power and just the ones in general that say power

Alex

• Administrator
  • Ent
  • Thank You
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2010, 09:27:22 PM »
Alex, has that intraversible function been added yet?  That could really come in handy for event orriented levels.  You could also use it for abilities, say there are asteroids 1,2,3 with one seedling on asteroid 1.  When the seedling is on #1, you could have an ability that allows you to put down a laser mine when you select an asteroid and right click in space.  The cooldown for this could be as such: when you move the seedling to the corresponding asteroid, it could start growing a defense tree, and when it hits the right level, you can use the ability again, for longer cooldown timers, a second or third defense tree could start after the first has reached it's max level.

Also, I was thinking that a function to make asteroids invisible might be nice (I don't think one exists) that makes it so that the empire cannot even tell the that asteroid is there, whereas when a roid is hidden, it just says it is undiscovered, if it is invisibible, it wouldn't even show up on the map.  I suppose this could be done by adding and removing roids in the game, but having a function might be more convenient. Just kidding, you already have this one

And finally, can you allow it so that asteroids do not all have to link up?  like say 2 asteroids are linked, but are disconected from the rest of the secter?  I tried to make a level like that and it refused to load.

Intraversible hasn't yet been added. It seems like a good idea though and I will add it.

Asteroids not linking up - if you add asteroids at the start of the LevelLogic function now, it should be OK. So try that - they won't automatically link in to the network.

thx alex :)

do you explain a bit or anyone else what this is?

Globals.Asteroids.MaxVolume (int) - this value affects the sound of the asteroid's humming, and also the volume of the Great Galactic Hum (the noise you hear when really zoomed out).
Globals.Asteroids.TakeoverVolume (int) - volume of the sound effect played when the asteroid is taken over.
Globals.Asteroids.RadiusPowerRule (float) - This value affects the size of an asteroid relative to its stats. You can check this using the graphs window (in debug mode, F3, then click "Asteroid Size")
Globals.Asteroids.SizeFromEnergy (float) - see below
Globals.Asteroids.SizeFromStrength (float) - contribution to asteroid size from stats (so max asteroid radius is these three added together (proportionally to the asteroid's attributes so e.g. if strength was 0.5 then you'd get half of the radius value from strength) and subject to the power rule, then subject to the global asteroid max radius)
Globals.Asteroids.SizeFromSpeed (float) - see above
Globals.Asteroids.AttributeMinimum (float) - the minimum value for an asteroid's attributes (so if this is set to e.g. 0.1 then no asteroids generated pre-game will have <0.1 for strength, speed or energy)
Globals.Asteroids.AttributeDivisions (int) - number of divisions in asteroid stats - so if this is 3, there will only be three possible asteroid stats values - 0, 0.5 and 1 (all subject to the attribute minimum above)
Globals.Asteroids.SendVolume (int) - volume of the effect played when you send seedlings around.
Globals.Asteroids.AsteroidSelectRadius (int) - radius below which asteroid near the cursor become selectable.
Globals.Asteroids.SendPowerRule (float) - sending distance of the asteroid is based on a similar rule to the asteroid's size - this is the power rule that governs the send distance. IIRC the formula is (minsend + (pow((radius / (max radius - min radius)), sendpowerrule) * (maxsend-minsend)))

it comes from : http://www.dyson-game.com/smf/index.php?topic=212.msg1864#msg1864

yeah i want to know what the core power and just the ones in general that say power
See above and the graph window - they govern the various rules that set attributes and various other bits and bobs in the game. Have a play with the values and see what happens to the graphs.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 09:42:34 PM by Alex »

w4tc

• Achiever
  • Shrub
  • Thank You
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2010, 05:57:23 AM »
Coool thx alot buddy :o

I have some questions about the asteroids

• About that last quote
is it also for useing specific asteroids?

• About the img :d (See attach )
in the drawing there are two things we certainly know
that is :
-SendDistance
-Radius of the asteroid and to set is it : SetRadius( 0 - ∞ ?? )

But what is that other? Thing, is that a belt?
has anything to do with this?

get_BeltRadius -- code for that green line?
set_BeltRadius -- code for that green line?
get_BeltWidth
set_BeltWidth

I had found it in that list
en als het mogelijk is hoe kan je deze dan aanpassen?

Bonobo

• Achiever
  • Old Oak
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 11
  • Was born, still alive.
    • German Mac Mailing Lists
  • Eufloria: Yes
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2010, 06:05:24 AM »
I had found it in that list
en als het mogelijk is hoe kan je deze dan aanpassen?
if I may translate … “ [..] and if this is possible then how can I adjust these?”

</brag>

w4tc

• Achiever
  • Shrub
  • Thank You
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2010, 06:45:44 AM »
:o omg xD oeps, sorry about that i forget that last sentence xD to talk in english
i was thinking and typing to together that why it was in dutch xD

if I may translate … “ [..] and if this is possible then how can I adjust these?”
</brag>
[/quote]

That is totally corect!

Bonobo

• Achiever
  • Old Oak
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 11
  • Was born, still alive.
    • German Mac Mailing Lists
  • Eufloria: Yes
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2010, 07:24:46 AM »
Hehe, thanks; something like 30 years ago I learnt en beetje Nederlands at university. But I was too lazy to learn vocabulary, so I there are only a few bits left, yet now I have the advantage of living in the Lüneburg Heath in the North German flatlands, where “Low German” still is spoken among elder rural folks … plus I learnt Englisch (and Malayalam) with 4 and the English, Nederlands/Dutch/Vlaams and German languages are closely related, so it’s quite easy for me.

Anyway, linguists call this unconscious switching between languages “code switching”. If you’re among polyglots you can even trigger this by switching language yourself, and often the other person won’t notice they’re also switching.

OK, enough [OT] ;) I am somewhat infamous for going astray :-!

annikk.exe

• Achiever
  • Ent
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2010, 07:40:47 AM »
Alex, I really want 10,000 seedlings.  :>  Is this an easy change?

Terrial

• Sapling
  • Thank You
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2010, 11:46:20 AM »
Alex, I really want 10,000 seedlings.  :>  Is this an easy change?

Speaking of which, is there a way to cap the player form amassing a huge number of seedlings so that the AI can still build its own without being capped by the player's massive army taking up all the 4,000 limit?

annikk.exe

• Achiever
  • Ent
  • Thank You
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2010, 10:49:09 PM »
That's an awesome idea :>

Alex

• Administrator
  • Ent
  • Thank You
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2010, 06:13:49 PM »
I think that's better yes - limit each empire to a number of seedlings rather than drawing from a common pool until they're all used up.

annikk.exe

• Achiever
  • Ent
  • Thank You
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2010, 12:28:52 AM »
So will the overall number of seedlings allowed in a level rise at all?
4000 really isn't that much... :P

There has to be a limit I guess, to avoid accidentally adding a million seeds and crashing the game/computer.  Every computer I've played Eufloria on has had no problems at all rendering 4000 seedlings with good fps.  Would it be possible to set it to 4000 seedlings per empire, maybe?  Or 10,000?

This would open up the possibility of creating levels on a much more epic scale.