Author Topic: Its time for multiplayer!  (Read 9235 times)

dosmochtany

• Seed
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
  • Eufloria: Yes
Its time for multiplayer!
« on: October 27, 2014, 05:48:37 PM »
I playing this amazing game for several years but without multiplayer is game stereotype soon. Can anyone tell me why game not have multiplayer?  ???

Aino

• Ent
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 30
  • They'll eat you next!
Re: Its time for multiplayer!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 04:48:48 AM »
I playing this amazing game for several years but without multiplayer is game stereotype soon. Can anyone tell me why game not have multiplayer?  ???

Giving a game multiplayer will need to heavily redo the code. It's a complex thing to do and it can ruin the experience for some players.

I personally think the game needs multiplayer, but after experimenting with some multiplayer programming, I don't request it.

dosmochtany

• Seed
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 06:21:35 PM »

Giving a game multiplayer will need to heavily redo the code. It's a complex thing to do and it can ruin the experience for some players.

I personally think the game needs multiplayer, but after experimenting with some multiplayer programming, I don't request it.

Tell me, is there any real chance that in the future multiplayer will be added? It would be amazing element for boosting qualities the game!

Aino

• Ent
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 30
  • They'll eat you next!
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 02:39:42 AM »

Tell me, is there any real chance that in the future multiplayer will be added? It would be amazing element for boosting qualities the game!

By devs maybe, but I don't think there is much chance to get MP from the community.

dosmochtany

• Seed
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 04:47:32 PM »

By devs maybe, but I don't think there is much chance to get MP from the community.

Maybe is better than nothing... I will pray every day for adding multiplayer. ;)

sillytuna

• Eufloria lacky
  • Administrator
  • Arboreal Being
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 58
  • -Receive: 92
    • TunaHQ
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 09:12:53 PM »
I've been busy recoding Eufloria Adventures in Unity and freshening up the code to allow a future version of Eufloria to be developed within it. I've not been able to work on it full time hence why some of these things are taking a while (we all have other projects too - have to pay the bills).

Whilst multiplayer isn't in the codebase, if we do another Eufloria and it does well enough it is something we'd like to add in.

Unfortunately it's a lot more work than people realise in order to do it properly, and that varies per platform. Whilst people ask for it in indie games, it's time consuming to implement and typically few people really use it so it's something we'd perhaps do in rough form as an experiment first and see how it's received.

I'm looking at new ways to get things done faster and to try things out with players so people don't have to wait aeons, kind of an early access maybe - not sure yet.