Author Topic: How much, exactly, does a flower boost seedlings' attributes?  (Read 7846 times)

BFG

• Seedling
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
After playing a VERY fun level 14 today - during which I was able to mass 2,000 seedlings (the max possible) all on one asteroid :), I got to wondering - how much, exactly, are seedlings from pollinated trees boosted?  Are their attributes increased by a factor (1.5x, 2x, etc.) versus seedlings from non-pollinated trees on the same asteroid, or is there some other formula?  Just curious.

Aino

• Ent
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 30
  • They'll eat you next!
  • Eufloria: Yes
Re: How much, exactly, does a flower boost seedlings' attributes?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 01:39:17 AM »
After playing a VERY fun level 14 today - during which I was able to mass 2,000 seedlings (the max possible) all on one asteroid :), I got to wondering - how much, exactly, are seedlings from pollinated trees boosted?  Are their attributes increased by a factor (1.5x, 2x, etc.) versus seedlings from non-pollinated trees on the same asteroid, or is there some other formula?  Just curious.

I don't think their attributes are directly affected, but they lower the incoming damage and fire more rapidly. This makes them very fast killers and good invaders.

And the seedling limit is 4000, unless there is something PSN specific they've made.

BFG

• Seedling
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 02:28:11 AM »
Thanks for the response!  I may try to do a few tests to figure out how much of a change to incoming damage and fire they make.

Regarding the seedling limit, this may very well be a PSN limitation, but I can verify that is the limit as all trees stopped producing seedlings at that point, and then started producing seedlings again once a few were destroyed in an invasion.  My PS3 suffered noticeable slowdown when I sent that entire force (plus 20 mines) to invade an asteroid, hence (probably) the limitation.
It also appears to be 2000 per color.

Aino

• Ent
  • Thank You
  • They'll eat you next!
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 05:44:18 AM »
I don't think it's per color, as the limit on the PC version is 4000 total, and coding a 2000 per color limit would be such a mess compared total a global total of 4000. If you've tested it when you own all the asteroid except one, then count ALL the seedlings on the map once the trees stop producing, this will be the real limit. Once again it might be that the devs intentionally made the limit significantly lower because of performance, but even some systems running the PC version is slower than the PS3 and still have the 4k limit.

The only real way to figure this out is by doing the test or looking at the code.

BFG

• Seedling
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 06:58:38 AM »
Interesting.  I would have assumed it would be easy to program a per-color limit, but I haven't written computer games since the QBASIC/early VB days :)  You are correct though - there were 2,030 on the map (2,000 of mine and 30 Grays) during my test.  The Grays only had defense trees, no Dysons, so I don't know if they would have increased.

Based on what you've said, I suspect that there's a 4,000 global limit AND a 2,000 limit on the player.  There would be no need to put the 2,000 limit on the CPUs - it's doubtful they'd ever get that high.  But a limit like this must be in place; otherwise I cannot explain why all of Red's trees stopped producing seedlings, and then suddenly started again once a few seedlings were killed.  A double limit like this also makes sense, because it means that the player cannot win simply by producing 4,000 seedlings.

sillytuna

• Eufloria lacky
  • Administrator
  • Arboreal Being
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 102
    • TunaHQ
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 05:22:55 PM »
It is a per team limit (i.e. color) and the player has double the limit of any single team. Each team does have a limit. We had to lower the limits for iOS/Android.

BTW PM me if you want a free copy of the PC/Mac/Linux Eufloria HD beta.

Here is the basic set up for super seedlings:

Code: [Select]
Globals():Get("Agents"):Set("AttackDistanceSuper",  450)
Globals():Get("Agents"):Set("AttackRepeatTimeSuper",  0.25)
Globals():Get("Agents"):Set("MaxSpeedSuper",  650)
Globals():Get("Agents"):Set("MinSpeedSuper",  120)
Globals():Get("Agents"):Set("DeadSlowSpeedSuper", 90)
Globals():Get("Agents"):Set("MinHealthSuper",  20)
Globals():Get("Agents"):Set("MaxHealthSuper",  200)
Globals():Get("Agents"):Set("MinDamageSuper",  4.0)
Globals():Get("Agents"):Set("MaxDamageSuper",  6.0)
Globals():Get("Agents"):Set("TurnRateSuper",  3)

And normal seedlings:

Code: [Select]
Globals():Get("Agents"):Set("AttackDistance",  125)
Globals():Get("Agents"):Set("AttackRepeatTime",  0.5)
Globals():Get("Agents"):Set("MaxSpeed", 750)
Globals():Get("Agents"):Set("MinSpeed", 160)
Globals():Get("Agents"):Set("DeadSlowSpeed", 50)
Globals():Get("Agents"):Set("MinHealth",  8)
Globals():Get("Agents"):Set("MaxHealth",  135)
Globals():Get("Agents"):Set("MinDamage",  0.8)
Globals():Get("Agents"):Set("MaxDamage",  1.3)
Globals():Get("Agents"):Set("TurnRate",  1)

Super Seedlings are very powerful.

Aino

• Ent
  • Thank You
  • They'll eat you next!
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 11:29:40 PM »
It is a per team limit (i.e. color) and the player has double the limit of any single team. Each team does have a limit. We had to lower the limits for iOS/Android.

Kinda sad to have a per-team limit though, 'cause you'll never get to experience the "I HAVE ALL THE SEEDLINGS" feeling :/

BFG

• Seedling
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 12:58:02 AM »
Thank you for the info, Sillytuna!  That helps immensely.  If I understand the info, then combining what you have provided with the 200 point attribute scale on each asteroid, we get the following:

Regular Seedling
Movement Speed: 160-750; each Speed point adds +2.95
Movement Speed (Idle): 50
Movement Speed (Turn): 1
Health: 10-168.75; each Strength point adds +0.79375
Attack Range: 125 units
Attack Speed: 2/sec
Dmg per Sec: 2-3.25; each Energy point adds +0.00625

Super Seedling
Movement Speed: 120-650; each Speed point adds +2.65
Movement Speed (Idle): 90
Movement Speed (Turn): 3
Health: 25-250; each Strength point adds +1.125
Attack Range: 450 units
Attack Speed: 4/sec
Dmg per Sec: 20 to 30; each Energy point adds +0.05

The most noticeable things: first, Super Seedlings are capable of 10x the damage of a regular seedling, and at greater range (wow!).  Second, the only attribute of a Super Seedling that is lower than a standard is Movement Speed.

Out of curiosity, what are the same stats for Mines?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 01:41:56 AM by BFG »

sillytuna

• Eufloria lacky
  • Administrator
  • Arboreal Being
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 102
    • TunaHQ
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 02:52:55 AM »
Kinda sad to have a per-team limit though, 'cause you'll never get to experience the "I HAVE ALL THE SEEDLINGS" feeling :/

If possible, we'll expose these parameters on Eufloria HD when we get that finished for PC et al.

BFG

• Seedling
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 05:35:28 AM »
I redid the above stats to set the lowest possible attack ( 0.8 ) to 1...that makes it easier to understand all the attack strengths and HPs.

Comparatively speaking, Super Seedlings are a bit slower than regular Seedlings, but have 1.6x more HP, 9.6x more firepower, and a 13x larger attack area.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 01:47:37 AM by BFG »