Author Topic: Buy for Bitcoin  (Read 4842 times)

sillytuna

• Eufloria lacky
  • Administrator
  • Arboreal Being
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 102
    • TunaHQ
  • Eufloria: Yes
Buy for Bitcoin
« on: April 06, 2013, 09:29:26 AM »
As per the blog:

It seems Bitcoin has been getting some more publicity recently. I’m a bit of a fan so I suggested to Rudolf that we accept Bitcoins. We’re considering how to go about this if other people think it a good idea.

In the mean time, if anyone does want to have the Eufloria HD beta on PC, Mac, or Linux (as was in the Humble Bundle) then send us a message through the contact page, let us know when, how much and from where you have paid, and we’ll get a build to you. At the moment we (well, I!) have to do this manually so please bare with me. I’m not online 24 hours a day!

How much are we charging? PAY WHAT YOU WANT!

Seriously.

ANYTHING.

Bitcoin payments will most likely go to funding us being able to accept them officially in some form so, as the saying goes, please give generously.

Pay Link Here
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 04:37:33 PM by sillytuna »

Lost Seedling

• Shrub
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 33
Re: Buy for Bitcoin
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 04:18:37 AM »
It will be interesting to see what lies in the future of Bitcoins.

It wasn't that long ago that a $25 pizza was bought for 10,000 Bitcoins. That would be quite an expensive pizza today!

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/History

sillytuna

• Eufloria lacky
  • Administrator
  • Arboreal Being
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 102
    • TunaHQ
  • Eufloria: Yes
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 09:43:50 AM »
Whether Bitcoins are the answer I'm not sure, but a digital currency will happen. There are lots of issues with Bitcoins right now but predominantly that's resolvable.

Until some new exchanges appear, the price will vary wildly. Similarly, that needs to sort itself out before more traders will accept bit coins, and then it'll become easier to buy them in the first place.

Lost Seedling

• Shrub
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 01:38:02 PM »
I tend to agree. It seems inevitable that multiple digital currencies will emerge and gain wide usage at some point. However, I fear many of us will be trading in eggs and ammunition before then, or shortly thereafter.

Is anyone on this forum mining Bitcoins and if so, are their profits exceeding their electricity costs? I'm very curious as this is a fascinating subject. Living on an island, my electricity costs are quite high. Mining would probably not be profitable for me, even in a pool.

Alex, I think it is a good idea to be an early-adopter of Bitcoin currency. As you note, Bitcoins have some "issues" but you and Rudolph could be riding a wave of the future.