Author Topic: New Level Pack Poll  (Read 5055 times)

sillytuna

• Eufloria lacky
  • Administrator
  • Arboreal Being
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 102
    • TunaHQ
  • Eufloria: Yes
New Level Pack Poll
« on: December 18, 2012, 12:11:12 AM »
Next spring or summer we'll be adding a new ambient game mode and some related levels to iOS/Android. We're also considering a new Story Mode/Arena levels but that would be an IAP - certainly on iOS/Android and maybe all platforms.

This would obviously only be bought by real fans of the game who want more of the same (ish) so we need to find a price which is both fair but allows us to do the actual work and continue supporting Eufloria.

How many levels would you expect?

What level of difficulty compared to the current ones?

How many more one off Arena levels would you like to see?

My suspicion is that new levels would be more strategic, so more like levels 15-25. Does that work for people?

Exobotanist

• Seed
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Re: New Level Pack Poll
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 01:10:10 PM »
10 to 20, no more than 25ยข a level.

Very hard, on the verge of insurmountable..
I found Hide & Seek to be the most difficult level; because you're on the defensive for most of the game. I'd enjoy more levels like that in larger environments.
Stronger AI: they don't make good use of Beacons or Terraforming.

2 to 4 arenas, Abundance & Particle Density are my favorites. Get weird with 'em.

cloud78

• Seed
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 08:59:50 PM »
> Next spring or summer we'll be adding a new ambient game mode and some related levels to iOS/Android. We're also considering a new Story Mode/Arena levels but that would be an IAP - certainly on iOS/Android and maybe all platforms.

Yay!

> How many levels would you expect?

At least 25. The best thing would be a bunch of level packs each with 25 levels.

> What level of difficulty compared to the current ones?

I don't like Protection and Hide & Seek very much, all the other ones are great! It shouldn't be much harder than it is now, just new maps would be great.

> My suspicion is that new levels would be more strategic, so more like levels 15-25.

Yes, I also think so. Bigger levels with more playtime are great though (like level 25).

BFG

• Seedling
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 01:27:34 PM »
Hmm, that's a good question.  I'd definitely pay more (on the PSN) for additional levels.  25 to 50 cents a level seems reasonable.

That said, what I'd ESPECIALLY love is a feature that allows for completely random level generation - with all attributes, ranging from how many asteroids there are (and their arrangement) to how many trees per asteroid to how many enemies - subject to randomization.  Alternatively, the player could be allowed to set a few of the characteristics and let the rest be random.

Or, there's always the level designer approach: allowing players to design a level, and upload it somewhere, then allowing other players to download those levels and vote on the ones they liked the best.