Author Topic: Android Owners  (Read 21158 times)

sillytuna

• Eufloria lacky
  • Administrator
  • Arboreal Being
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 102
    • TunaHQ
  • Eufloria: Yes
Re: Android Owners
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2012, 07:08:14 PM »
I tested a build with the orientation issue fixed. As long as further tests work, we'll get the bundle build updated tonight with any luck. There are a few other fixes too.

Apportable

• Seed
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2012, 12:31:44 PM »
@rcpa0 - We were not able to reproduce issues #1 and #3 on our Galaxy S3 testing device.  However, it does appear that it's not possible to select artifacts, so we'll look into this.  We'll have an update out soon that fixes a bunch of issues, and hopefully it will help with some of the issues you're experiencing.

EDIT: We were able to select artifacts on the Galaxy S3 after colonizing the relevant asteroid by planting a tree.  Did you try planting a tree before attempting to select the artifact?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 10:03:00 AM by Apportable »

letharion

• Seed
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2012, 04:22:50 AM »
Hello. Generally the game works really well on my Nexus 7 (although the performance could have been better), but I've had two issues.

1) Achievements don't seem to trigger. At first I though "I probably didn't really send 300+ seedlings to their death", but the problem is more obvious now that I've actually completed the game, and the last level in 60 minutes, and the relevant achievements still haven't triggered. Or is it just that there is no visual feedback on unlucked ones vs locked ones?

2) Sometimes, captured planets keep producing "passive" enemy seedlings. Planets I've held for a long time will occasionally show that it has, for example, "5" enemy seedlings on it. The number will grow very slowly over the course of the level. These seedlings aren't rendered anywhere, aren't causing any harm to my seedlings, trees or anything else, and generally don't matter at all, but are a bit confusing in the UI since the planet _should_ be under attack.

This is on build 1503.

Neither issue really affected gameplay of this otherwise awesome game. :)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 04:30:50 AM by letharion »

sillytuna

• Eufloria lacky
  • Administrator
  • Arboreal Being
  • Thank You
    • TunaHQ
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2012, 05:17:51 AM »
Hello. Generally the game works really well on my Nexus 7 (although the performance could have been better), but I've had two issues.

See this post and get back to me :)

1) Achievements don't seem to trigger. At first I though "I probably didn't really send 300+ seedlings to their death", but the problem is more obvious now that I've actually completed the game, and the last level in 60 minutes, and the relevant achievements still haven't triggered. Or is it just that there is no visual feedback on unlucked ones vs locked ones?

There is no visual feedback due to Game Center not being on Android. We need to try and come up with something for this. Check that the achievements have been passed, however. Note there was a minor achievement flaw (not sure if it would have caused a problem) which has been corrected on the build about to go up. It may have caused the odd achievement to be missed.

2) Sometimes, captured planets keep producing "passive" enemy seedlings. Planets I've held for a long time will occasionally show that it has, for example, "5" enemy seedlings on it. The number will grow very slowly over the course of the level. These seedlings aren't rendered anywhere, aren't causing any harm to my seedlings, trees or anything else, and generally don't matter at all, but are a bit confusing in the UI since the planet _should_ be under attack.

Fixed in the update about to go up (run the humble bundle app to check for updates).

I don't know exactly when it will go live!

LiMi

• Seed
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2012, 06:35:48 PM »
hi, i downloaded the last update since i made the complaint, it worked for me on Galaxy Nexus!

Now it's just some performance issue - some low frame rates during game play when there are many seedlings flying around.

Anyway, thanks for listening to the users' feedbacks! :)

sillytuna

• Eufloria lacky
  • Administrator
  • Arboreal Being
  • Thank You
    • TunaHQ
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2012, 07:34:55 PM »
If you have lots of seedlings you do tend to have to stay more zoomed out (and use lower graphics/lod options if it's a problem).

sillytuna

• Eufloria lacky
  • Administrator
  • Arboreal Being
  • Thank You
    • TunaHQ
Android Owners
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, 07:08:50 PM »
Finally think the bug causing UI performance issues is fixed. Will confirm and update the bundle build tomorrow.

rcpa0

• Seed
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2012, 02:11:02 AM »
@rcpa0 - We were not able to reproduce issues #1 and #3 on our Galaxy S3 testing device.  However, it does appear that it's not possible to select artifacts, so we'll look into this.  We'll have an update out soon that fixes a bunch of issues, and hopefully it will help with some of the issues you're experiencing.

EDIT: We were able to select artifacts on the Galaxy S3 after colonizing the relevant asteroid by planting a tree.  Did you try planting a tree before attempting to select the artifact?

I just tried on a lost outpost on level 9.  It's an orange one on the bottom center large asteroid.  The artifact cannot be clicked either before I planted anything--there were already two--or after I planted the maximum.

Eufloria-android-1.0.4hb-1355711321.apk
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 02:16:47 AM by rcpa0 »
Samsung Galaxy S3 (T-Mobile), Model SGH-T999, Android v4.0.4, Baseband T999UVLG1.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.2.
Ubuntu 12.04.1 desktop 32-bit.

sillytuna

• Eufloria lacky
  • Administrator
  • Arboreal Being
  • Thank You
    • TunaHQ
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2012, 03:38:40 AM »
Have you zoomed in and is it already open? I've never seen them go wrong so far.