Author Topic: Humble Bundle 4 for Android (Eufloria!)  (Read 13117 times)

sillytuna

• Eufloria lacky
  • Administrator
  • Arboreal Being
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 58
  • -Receive: 92
    • TunaHQ
  • Eufloria: Yes
Humble Bundle 4 for Android (Eufloria!)
« on: November 09, 2012, 02:35:09 AM »
The Humble Bundle 4 for Android is released today and exclusively includes Eufloria HD on Android, PC, Mac, and Linux  ;D

All of these versions are the first public releases so will be updated as we go on. In the case of PC, Mac, and Linux, they are exclusive to the bundle. We are not releasing these again until we've made our planned additions in the Spring.

Anyone buying the bundle will get the updates for free of course! Updates will include more control options, including for those used to the original Eufloria, Rudolf's new game mode and levels, and hopefully some decent new modding options. I wouldn't advice anyone to spend much time modding these versions although you're more than welcome to play around. The basics won't change, we mainly have features to add.

I can't 100% say what will happen with reference to Steam. We want to do the right thing, it looks like we can do the right thing, but I can't definitively say right now because we aren't Valve! For now, the only Steam version is the original Eufloria on PC.

Anyone who already has the original Eufloria and desperately wants a free PC version of Eufloria HD - PM me. If Alex or Rudolf say yes I'll get a build to you. Alternatively, we've worked really hard to keep polishing Eufloria, you can pay whatever you want for the bundle version, you get loads of brilliant games and support charity. It's not a bad deal!

I should add that we're working through a few bugs today but builds should be updated in a few hours. We're also seeing slower Android performance than we'd like but we'll move on to that next week.

This week has been stressful as ...something very stressful. We've been working day and night, literally, for the past few weeks. Forgive us if we go a bit quiet for a while so we can sleep!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 02:59:16 AM by sillytuna »

Pilchard123

• Tester
  • Old Oak
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 23
Re: Humble Bundle 4 for Android (Eufloria!)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 04:31:06 AM »
Anyone who already has the original Eufloria and desperately wants a free PC version of Eufloria HD - PM me. If Alex or Rudolf say yes I'll get a build to you.

Wait, does this mean that we'll have to pay for Eufloria HD when it's properly released?

sillytuna

• Eufloria lacky
  • Administrator
  • Arboreal Being
  • Thank You
    • TunaHQ
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 07:58:25 AM »
As I tried to say, we can't tell you exactly what the final deal will be because we have to do stuff behind the scenes that don't just involve us.

To be clear, if you own Eufloria then one way or another we'll get the full new version to you free. I can't answer the specifics tho since there are various stores out there and it's not simple as it's not just an update that replaces the old Eufloria. It's too different to do that; people would lose the old game for one thing.

If you buy the bundle, we know we can update builds next year. With Steam we think we'll be ok to do something that will work for everyone, including both original and bundle owners, but we can't say 100%.

Either way, anyone here who asks to play now, or in the future, and who doesn't want to buy the bundle (which you can pay *anything* for) then I'm sure we can sort it out :)

I'm going to repeat this. You can pay *anything* for the bundle. Anything. For a bunch of great games made by people who care a great deal about what they do.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 08:02:27 AM by sillytuna »

Pilchard123

• Tester
  • Old Oak
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 06:23:51 PM »
Oh, okay. I wasn't entirely clear - I did mean in the case of already owning the game, yes.

Rudolf

• Administrator
  • Old Oak
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 12
  • Euflorian Ambassador
    • Omni Systems Limited
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 07:04:36 PM »

Anyone who already has the original Eufloria and desperately wants a free PC version of Eufloria HD - PM me. If Alex or Rudolf say yes I'll get a build to you.

Of course we say Yes to that :-)
-----------------------------------------------------
Rudolf Kremers - Grand Poobah

http://www.omni-labs.com
http://www.rudolfkremers.com
http://rudolfkremers.tumblr.com/

Rudolf

• Administrator
  • Old Oak
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 12
  • Euflorian Ambassador
    • Omni Systems Limited
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 07:06:23 PM »

It is incredibly dangerous to make promises, but lets just say that we will do everything we can to make sure that people who bought the pc version already will also receive Eufloria HD once we release it.
-----------------------------------------------------
Rudolf Kremers - Grand Poobah

http://www.omni-labs.com
http://www.rudolfkremers.com
http://rudolfkremers.tumblr.com/

vasi

• Seed
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 11:41:19 AM »
I'm playing the Mac version, and the controls are pretty hard to get used to! This shows up especially when moving just a portion of the seedlings: You have to do a long drag between asteroids, then move the mouse off the asteroid and do another drag to adjust the fraction of seedlings, then move the mouse and click again on the new asteroid. In contrast, the old PC version required just a drag, move and click for this task—you don't even need to change the direction of movement.

Is there any way to get the old control scheme back? Or any plans to change the new one?

sillytuna

• Eufloria lacky
  • Administrator
  • Arboreal Being
  • Thank You
    • TunaHQ
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 08:50:13 PM »
Yes we will definitely be adding support for something like the old control system when the game is released properly, but it won't be added to this pre-release until then.

Part of the reason for the pre-release was to get this kind of feedback :)

TheBob

• Seed
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 11:40:48 AM »
I bought the game in Steam a while back. It would be cool to get the update in Steam, but I got the bundle and gave a few dollars to you guys because I really liked this game when I played it last year (Maybe? I have no concept of time) and I wanted the Linux install.

I do have 2 questions though. First What exactly is different between HD and the old version.
My second question is on the topic of controls above. I have not tried the HB version yet so forgive me, but can PC get a way to fast select a number of "troops" I hate holding the button trying to send 150 little guys over to another planet.

Anyway keep up the good work. I loved the first version enough to pay for it again just to install it on my laptop. Steam update or not you have a fan.

sillytuna

• Eufloria lacky
  • Administrator
  • Arboreal Being
  • Thank You
    • TunaHQ
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 03:19:53 AM »
Thanks for buying it again :)

The PC et al versions will get extra control options for sure (spring/summer 2013). At the moment it's a pure touch to mouse port control wise.

Eufloria HD is a complete rewrite with more polish, tweaked levels, and some extra gameplay items. The best thing is to give it a play.

pacman84

• Seed
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 08:08:57 AM »
Hi!
Is there any chance of getting Eufloria for the blackberry PlayBook in case you bought it in the humble bundle? It would be really great to not have to buy it again.
Thanks in advance!
-pac

sillytuna

• Eufloria lacky
  • Administrator
  • Arboreal Being
  • Thank You
    • TunaHQ
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 08:41:00 AM »
Unfortunately we can't do that easily, I'm very sorry!