Author Topic: PC Mac Linux testers please!  (Read 6711 times)

sillytuna

• Eufloria lacky
  • Administrator
  • Arboreal Being
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 58
  • -Receive: 92
    • TunaHQ
  • Eufloria: Yes
PC Mac Linux testers please!
« on: November 03, 2012, 04:54:07 AM »
Update: No more testers needed. Thanks!

If anyone is around over the next few days... PC, Mac and Linux testers required. The iOS version is now ported to PC in full and nearly Mac and Linux.

PM me with the following filled out.

Name:
Email:
Platform:
OS Version:
Other versions of Eufloria owned:

I'm going to say now that PC/Mac/Linux Eufloria HD, with the additions we want to make (new game mode, modding support again), will not be out until late Q1 or early Q2 next year. We want to make a thing of it so it isn't just an iOS back port (which was an upgraded PS3 port which was an upgraded PC port! It gets bigger and better every time!).

Maybe something else will happen sooner tho... ;)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 05:11:44 AM by sillytuna »

Bonobo

• Achiever
  • Old Oak
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 11
  • Was born, still alive.
    • German Mac Mailing Lists
Re: PC Mac Linux testers please!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 07:38:38 PM »
Cooooool …

Pilchard123

• Tester
  • Old Oak
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 07:41:50 PM »
:D Yay!

Major Cooke

• Achiever
  • Sapling
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 09:38:34 PM »
I've sent mine in!

klaymen

• Shoot
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Ecco the Dolphin: Caverns of Hope
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 02:37:14 AM »
Maybe something else will happen sooner tho... ;)
I guess you mean the just released Humble Bundle for Android 4? :) Is that the Beta version you mention in your post?

Also, will this be an individual release on Steam, or will owners of the original Eufloria receive a free upgrade?

sillytuna

• Eufloria lacky
  • Administrator
  • Arboreal Being
  • Thank You
    • TunaHQ
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 02:54:00 AM »
Yes it's the beta mentioned here. Anyone who signed up will get full access, we're just waiting on getting more Mac/Linux builds for me to put up!

I can't 100% say what will happen with reference to Steam. We want to do the right thing, it looks like we can do the right thing, but I can't definitively say right now because we don't run Steam! For now, the only Steam version is the original Eufloria on PC.

Anyone buying the bundle version will definitely get full updates when we release the final versions on PC/Mac/Linux. This will not be until Spring or Summer next year because we have Eufloria Adventures to finish first. This is a useful test of our core ports and a chance for you to play the PS3/iOS build on your computer, and then we'll improve them before they go on general release.

Anyone who already has the original Eufloria; well see my first line. Alternatively, we've worked really hard to keep polishing Eufloria, you can pay whatever you want for the bundle version, you get loads of brilliant games and support charity. It's not a bad deal!

If anyone really really objects to paying anything for the above and just wants a pc, mac or linux build, well PM me. If Alex or Rudolf say yes I'll get a build to you. Ok? But after we've had some rest.

klaymen

• Shoot
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Ecco the Dolphin: Caverns of Hope
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 03:10:39 AM »
You're doing an awesome job :)

I was just asking out of curiosity, because I think Alex or Rudolf mentioned somewhere that the new gameplay features in the PS3 version will be added to Steam eventually. But with all these new versions of Eufloria popping up, I understand that you're focusing on getting new content out on new platforms first! So, I guess, the Steam key that comes with the Humble Android 4 bundle is for the original PC version of Eufloria?

BTW, I grabbed the Android bundle, obviously to get this new HD version. I got the original PC version first, then the PS3 version. The new HD version is very nice, really a lot has changed since the original release, for the better! And I'm really happy to see the FULL soundtrack at its side, with every song from PC, PS3 and iOS versions. :D

sillytuna

• Eufloria lacky
  • Administrator
  • Arboreal Being
  • Thank You
    • TunaHQ
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 03:24:11 AM »
Cool, thanks!

The bundle includes the original Steam version.

I really can't say more about Steam but we'll announce the plan formally when we can. As much as anything, it's just because we've all been too busy to do the relevant stuff in the background. The conversations have all been had and we know the plan but things to sign off, that sort of thing. I think Eufloria Adventures will happen first before we say anything though. That's going to take us into next year (tho not much into next year I hope).