Author Topic: Want a slice of Me Cake?  (Read 6776 times)

Tomfloria

• Shrub
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • First iOS modder :D
Want a slice of Me Cake?
« on: May 15, 2012, 09:00:10 AM »
Probably a bit late for this, but a late hello is better than a never said hello, I guess  ;D

Since im being kept up by my ruined sleep cycle, I thought I'd take this time to give you guys a little insight to the 'New Guy'

If you havent noticed already, my name is Tom, last name floria, joke. I am a student studying Sport Science in an Academy in England, I am Grade 8 in drums (highest you can get) (but grades mean nothing, trust me), and can also play a key on the piano. I am also a singer waiting to be part of a band me and my freinds are forming, when one of them gets back from Australia. Over the last few years of my life, I have played many Gigs for the local Council, Funerals, Weddings, Church Services, you name it. The funny thing is, I used to study Music at my Academy, turns out the theory side I'm rubbish in. That being because I got the lowest possible mark. :/

But what's a SPORTS science student, and a music student that's in a band, doing here?

Well my new freinds, I owe that to my parents. At the age of 3 I could properly navigate and work my own computer, I was bought a playstation 1 in which took me only a few days, to actually be such a professional :D, my life long passion which is actually kept inside, is to be a games designer/tester/level creator. But i'm no Artist, I couldn't draw a person, or an apple, so maybe it's not for me, but it might be, with a little step first.

When I was 11 years of age one of my freinds introduced me to a very well known MMORPG RuneScape, I grew my character up, lost sense of reality, and would spend days and nights playing it, Until very recently, my account was taken from me :/ maybe it was for the best.

During the period, I was also introduced me into MoparScape, which is the exact replica of RuneScape, but in single player form. This was brilliant, I then figured out people had actually created Private servers, wow, I could type in a single cheat ::God and that would make me a warrior with no regrets. I decided to have a look into RuneScape Servers, and how they worked, And just like Eufloria, objects and what not can be placed into the world with a simple text input? :o Again, my imagination ran wild with excitement. I believe what the game ran in was C, I can't remember, but it used Java, just shows you how easily I forget things.

With everything, you have to start small, then eventually it will grow into something beautiful, and no, am I not talking about this game as being small.  Actually, this game has been one of the best things that has happened to me in 2012, so far, it's spurred me on into looking through code again, and creating something that I can call my own. Well, the levels at least. I will soon, probably by the end of this month, or next, have a 20 level custom story mode, which will give a bit of a more story focused campaign.

If you've made it this far, reading through my life history like a stalker, please note, this is NOT the end of the book, nor the chapter, nor the first page.

Last paragraph, promise, I might make a thread about this in User Levels and creations, but I've made enough threads there for one month. I will need a few iPad testers to go through my levels and give me feedback, not necessarily on gameplay, but how things work out. If the grammar is correct and if the statements are working, along with other people already mentioned in the .lua files of my levels for helping me, you will also get recognition.

Thank you.

Bonobo

• Achiever
  • Old Oak
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 141
  • -Receive: 11
  • Was born, still alive.
    • German Mac Mailing Lists
  • Eufloria: Yes
Re: Want a slice of Me Cake?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 09:22:09 AM »
Thank you, Tom,

it’s fun to read you. Haven’t played Eufloria in ages, neither on my virtual Windows (I’m a Mac guy) nor on iPad 2, since I’ve dived deeply into the game of Go and am now offering  Go workshop at the local school, but if I find time I might be interested in fumbling a bit with your iOS levels.

Greetings from Germany,

another Tom

Aino

• Ent
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 30
  • They'll eat you next!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 03:07:14 PM »
Oh my, we got two Tom now :o

Tomfloria

• Shrub
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 07:40:11 PM »
Thank you, Tom,

it’s fun to read you. Haven’t played Eufloria in ages, neither on my virtual Windows (I’m a Mac guy) nor on iPad 2, since I’ve dived deeply into the game of Go and am now offering  Go workshop at the local school, but if I find time I might be interested in fumbling a bit with your iOS levels.

Greetings from Germany,

another Tom

Hey Tom, I'm Tom :p, I'm currently finishing off level 6, testing by yourself can be well, repetitive, even though I randomise everything but place specific goals and twists and turns. Thanks for the welcome!

freddyhard

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 09:24:28 PM »
someone said something about cake?

Aino

• Ent
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 30
  • They'll eat you next!
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 10:04:10 PM »
someone said something about cake?

I think he ate it by himself, or it's a lie...

Tomfloria

• Shrub
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 10:06:38 PM »
Aperture Science...

Pilchard123

• Tester
  • Old Oak