Author Topic: I have faith...  (Read 32718 times)

sillytuna

• Eufloria lacky
  • Administrator
  • Arboreal Being
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 58
  • -Receive: 92
    • TunaHQ
  • Eufloria: Yes
Re: I have faith...
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2012, 06:44:08 AM »
An update fresh from the code jungle.

Mark has been working on a new PC version based on the PSN to PC port AlexM was working on. We can't say much about it right now because there are quite a few considerations which mean it shouldn't be expected in the immediate future. The game is already working on PC but one of the considerations is making it a really good release as we did with the iPad - we can't do that until the remaining iOS work is complete. Apple like to make it more tricky by releasing new devices!

Mac, Linux, and Android ports should all happen too but these things take time and are a long term plan so please don't hassle the overworked Rudolf if possible! We have some other things on our plate too but I can't say too much :) Rudolf already mentioned adding another game mode and I would like to maintain and add further support for modders - this may also take quite a bit of extra work since it is quite different from the original Eufloria technically, as iOS modders have already seen (I will ask modders more about this in the future).

Mark has also got the iPhone port into beta shape, and the iPad version running as a universal build. He is moving on to the iPad 3 retina display next week - some layout issues to resolve and we may need to play around to hit a reasonable frame rate (it runs faster than iPad 1 but slower than iPad 2). Does look great though :)

I'm now back on the code, in between my work in NZ with Anthony 'cletus clay' Flack (who also did the Eufloria trailers and iPad tutorial art). I'm drafting out an in-game session save (much requested!) as well as learning my way around the game code to allow for future updates, including for pc modding considerations. The session save is going to take quite some time to do and I don't yet know if it will be too problematic to retro fit, but I'm feeling vaguely positive about it so far.

Once I'm done with core game save aspects, mark then has to deal with some more aspects of the save such as the Lua script state. After that, lots of testing will be needed as this is very complex work which risks breaking the entire game! All in all this will probably take a month or so but we consider it important for the iPhone build in particular so we're going to give it our best go.

So lots to do and it'll take more time I'm afraid, but my personal view is I would rather we do the best job possible and take longer over it if that's what is needed.

Hopefully this all makes sense! I will try and put some eufloria bits on my newretro.org blog in future and I already tweet about it fairly regularly.

Bonobo

• Achiever
  • Old Oak
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 11
  • Was born, still alive.
    • German Mac Mailing Lists
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2012, 12:43:47 PM »
Thank you, this is very exciting news. And since I’m currently not playing Eufloria at all due to my deep plunge into the game of Go I can wait some more time ;D but will very probably go on a Eufloria gaming spree when the Mac version cometh :)

Greetings, Tom

Major Cooke

• Achiever
  • Sapling
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2012, 11:51:14 PM »
Yeah. I have no idea what happened to the beta. I just hope that this is still being worked on at least.

sillytuna

• Eufloria lacky
  • Administrator
  • Arboreal Being
  • Thank You
    • TunaHQ
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2012, 05:25:07 PM »
Yeah. I have no idea what happened to the beta. I just hope that this is still being worked on at least.

If you mean the PC version then yes it is :)

The Eufloria session save for iOS is now 95% done (yay!) so now we're working on a mixture of retina support, iCloud support, and unifying the PC and iOS builds. There are other things we want to add to the PC build, including for modders, but they may be a subsequent revision (not sure yet).

Rudolf

• Administrator
  • Old Oak
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 12
  • Euflorian Ambassador
    • Omni Systems Limited
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2012, 08:21:33 PM »
Sorry Major Cooke, I am not sure if we will actually run a little beta of the new PC content, but if we do we will ask people on the forum if they want to participate.
:-)
-----------------------------------------------------
Rudolf Kremers - Grand Poobah

http://www.omni-labs.com
http://www.rudolfkremers.com
http://rudolfkremers.tumblr.com/

Major Cooke

• Achiever
  • Sapling
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2012, 12:43:56 AM »
...aw. Oh well. How's the content coming along though, at least?

Fergy1337

• Da Boss
  • Shoot
  • Thank You
    • Damaged Calm
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2012, 10:42:33 PM »
im eagerly wanting android version , i beleve andriod is a better platform than ios but im bias since i hated my iphone and first android was gs2 but hey .

been a pc player since release and still return for more and more playthroughs .

Will be a deff purchase on my behalf gs3 and whatever pad i get soon !!!

sillytuna

• Eufloria lacky
  • Administrator
  • Arboreal Being
  • Thank You
    • TunaHQ
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2012, 05:45:22 AM »
Hoping to deal with android soon. Am writing this on my nexus 7. It's pretty decent.

Hope to submit iPhone and universal build next week :)

Major Cooke

• Achiever
  • Sapling
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2012, 01:04:08 PM »
Universal?

sillytuna

• Eufloria lacky
  • Administrator
  • Arboreal Being
  • Thank You
    • TunaHQ
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2012, 06:57:42 PM »
If you own the iPad version, it'll work on iPhone too with the next update. Can't give the release date but we're done now. On to the next eufloria jobs! PC for one :)

Avaguard

• Seedling
  • Thank You
  • SO what if im a girl that plays games
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2012, 07:08:17 AM »
i leave to colorado for family for 3-4 months come back its still not done :'( just more and more talk that it will be soon. but i dont know....i mean there's nothing i can do but wait anyway so no point in complaining..... just more wait  :-X
People really need more GUARDS

sillytuna

• Eufloria lacky
  • Administrator
  • Arboreal Being
  • Thank You
    • TunaHQ
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2012, 11:35:40 PM »
Small team, it'll be done when it's ready, blah blah blah!!!

It's really about making sure things are done properly, and allowing Eufloria to expand on to more platforms in a sustainable way. Sorry for those of you waiting.

PC is, however, next on Mark's list. Let's not overwork the poor chap! It's basically there but we want to tidy things up and port the iOS modifications to it, then use that as the basis for Mac.

There are also other things going on which I'm not allowed to talk about or Rudolf will murder me in the middle of the night. I think one of those things will be revealed this week actually.

Major Cooke

• Achiever
  • Sapling
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2012, 04:03:18 AM »
Hmmm... If it was, I must've missed it.

sillytuna

• Eufloria lacky
  • Administrator
  • Arboreal Being
  • Thank You
    • TunaHQ
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2012, 05:57:09 PM »
Someone else was going to mention it but looked like they didn't. Rudolf will mention it in the next few days.

Rudolf

• Administrator
  • Old Oak
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 12
  • Euflorian Ambassador
    • Omni Systems Limited
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2012, 08:17:16 PM »
Yeah, I will announce it this coming week probably.
There was going to be an announcement at GamesCom but it never happened.

:o
-----------------------------------------------------
Rudolf Kremers - Grand Poobah

http://www.omni-labs.com
http://www.rudolfkremers.com
http://rudolfkremers.tumblr.com/