Author Topic: Java Game :D  (Read 6301 times)

Aino

• Ent
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 27
  • They'll eat you next!
  • Eufloria: Yes
Java Game :D
« on: December 04, 2011, 04:41:49 AM »
I've been away for too long, and sadly intend to keep it that way for a while :(
But I've got some awesome news, at least that's what I think, and it's about my time being away!

First of, I've published on the forums that I've been working with Java, I've even made a topic about compiling a file. Now though, I'm here to give you guys a first look at my game :D
It's a cave game, heavily inspired by my imagination and Minecraft, of course, and is in 3D!
It uses LWJGL, a subversion of OpenGL for Java, which can make 3D as good as anything else.

I've put a picture in the attachment and it's just a little part of the game, even though it consist of everything the game has to offer for now. I think you can see what everything is too.

(click to show/hide)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Ent
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 14
Re: Java Game :D
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 10:52:33 PM »
LWJGL is awesome. Wish you the best of luck with this, keep us updated.

freddyhard

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 10:20:44 PM »
do you use a 3D program to set up the environment and if so what file format do you export in?

Aino

• Ent
  • Thank You
  • They'll eat you next!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 11:04:48 PM »
I use LWJGL, I don't know of any other 3D program I use. I haven't exported it yet either, If I had you would be able to play it already... Having problems with the class-paths for the LWJGL and Slick libraries(jars) and LWJGL need their native files, I don't know how to attach them either >.<

I know how to program the game, but not how to properly export a java program with imported libraries. If you want to know of help me with this though, I use Eclipse to make the game. :)

Pilchard123

• Tester
  • Old Oak
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 01:08:51 AM »
IIRC, the same as any other project...Just press CTRL-B  (Project -> Build All). It should work fine. I don't use Eclipse myself, I use NetBeans, though I have Eclipse as well.

Aino

• Ent
  • Thank You
  • They'll eat you next!
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 03:21:29 AM »
But where does it end up? D:

I didn't have much time searching either though :/

Aino

• Ent
  • Thank You
  • They'll eat you next!
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 02:48:18 AM »
Hmm, I think I've been working too much on this... Now I wanna make a 3d strategy game. I'll at least take a break of the game. And make another(makes no sense :D)

Pilchard123

• Tester
  • Old Oak
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 03:12:49 AM »
You on Windows? Search your Documents folder for any files created/modified on the day that you built it.