Author Topic: Eufloria 2  (Read 36303 times)

Orion63

• Sapling
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • We are the Knights who say... NI!
Re: Eufloria 2
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 06:37:50 AM »
Yep. Seedlings fighting outside of their asteroid...

Also, both eye-candy and units may not please everyone. Don't fix what is not broken... Of course, some people want different visuals, and/or different units, and that is why modding was born... If a mod becomes really popular, it can be later be integrated into the game, with no problem whatsoever :-)

Rudolf

• Administrator
  • Old Oak
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 12
  • Euflorian Ambassador
    • Omni Systems Limited
  • Eufloria: Yes
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2011, 05:18:25 PM »
Donations? Crazy talk! You are already donating something very precious which is your time and for which we are very grateful.

Eufloria 2... a scary thought.. still recovering from the PSN adventure, and there are of course things we never got to implement, but, I am not sure what our thoughts are on a sequel, or if we will do one. We have new games to work on, although some may use aspects of Eufloria gameplay, so ideas are always welcome. :-)

R
-----------------------------------------------------
Rudolf Kremers - Grand Poobah

http://www.omni-labs.com
http://www.rudolfkremers.com
http://rudolfkremers.tumblr.com/

Mv.c9

• Shoot
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 05:40:27 AM »
If by "detail" one means rounding out the curves of roots, improving the 'fractalness' of the dyson trees, and making attacks a little more flashy then I'm on-board.

Yes, this is what I mean.

I believe details means more eye-candy and more fleshed out units/trees and even asteroid types. I don't believe it will affect the controls of the game.

Exactly, I dont want any 3d crap, I just want something that looks a little more appealing with the same simplicity.

both eye-candy and units may not please everyone. Don't fix what is not broken... Of course, some people want different visuals, and/or different units, and that is why modding was born... If a mod becomes really popular, it can be later be integrated into the game, with no problem whatsoever :-)

have you seen the image i posted?

I am not sure what our thoughts are on a sequel, or if we will do one. We have new games to work on, although some may use aspects of Eufloria gameplay, so ideas are always welcome. :-)

R

Even better, since you can evolve into a more advanced concept.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 05:45:34 AM by Mv.c9 »

Aino

• Ent
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 27
  • They'll eat you next!
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2011, 04:45:20 AM »
If by "detail" one means rounding out the curves of roots, improving the 'fractalness' of the dyson trees, and making attacks a little more flashy then I'm on-board.

Lucky you! I just made one for an eye candy thing, pulses.

I then saw this after finishing the pulse and pulseTree part. I then just fixed it to make a tree instead :)

This is much more complex than the normal Eufloria one too :D

w4tc

• Achiever
  • Shrub
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2011, 05:36:20 AM »

Lucky you! I just made one for an eye candy thing, pulses.

I then saw this after finishing the pulse and pulseTree part. I then just fixed it to make a tree instead :)

This is much more complex than the normal Eufloria one too :D

woow that is so beautiful and nice i love it!
great job :o

Blomljud

• Shoot
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 02:46:30 AM »
Eufloria 2 that would be amazing...

I would like... ;D

1. Many many many more single-player maps. Hundreds, Tons..
The way Civ games do it: auto generate maps with some simple options like how many asteroids, enemy's etc.

2. More new music from Milieu. He did a incredible job so in tune with the game.

3. Multi-player

Found this post from Aug 2012:
Eufloria continues to be developed and we have many more plans for the future.

A comment from Rudolf posted 26/08/2012 at 13:41 about the pc (and steam) version:
Have faith, there will be an update that gives you masses of new stuff. We are a tiny team and can only do one port at a time.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 03:25:23 AM by Blomljud »

Rudolf

• Administrator
  • Old Oak
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 12
  • Euflorian Ambassador
    • Omni Systems Limited
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2012, 06:57:49 PM »
Alex A from Tuna has already expressed a desire to work on a sequel so it is likely that this will happen *at some point*.
(Caveats and disclaimers apply)

There are plent of ideas, both new and ones dropped from the original game, to make it interesting, so I personally am quite positive about the potential for it.
-----------------------------------------------------
Rudolf Kremers - Grand Poobah

http://www.omni-labs.com
http://www.rudolfkremers.com
http://rudolfkremers.tumblr.com/

sillytuna

• Eufloria lacky
  • Administrator
  • Arboreal Being
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 58
  • -Receive: 92
    • TunaHQ
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2012, 07:13:00 PM »
Yeah we would like to for sure.

Multiplayer and an in-game editor - including supporting some visual modes -  are the two big new things we'd like to add.

First we have Eufloria Adventures to play around with and I'll be returning to Cletus Clay at least part time once Eufloria Adventures v1 is complete.

Talking of EA, I need to stop posting here and get on with it.

petrikviktor

• Seed
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2012, 03:52:29 AM »
Hey. I am a Russian-speaking, and writing through a translator - may contain errors.

In general the game is great and unique. What I would like to see in part 2?

Well the game does not slow down and I would like more details of the objects(as you have said yourself), but also the opportunity to reduce the detail of this (just in case :))

Can increase the limit to 40 automatic production of seeds as an upgrade of an asteroid?

More powerful, cunning and intelligent AI. To collect more seeds to attack etc.

And most importantly - make it possible to point (asteroid) collection of seeds. In order to achieve the limit for asteroids (or as soon as they come off the tree) seeds were flying to the specified collection asteroid automatically.
Well, something like that

Exobotanist

• Seed
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2013, 02:08:13 PM »
I love the idea of asteroid energy being finite. Conservation of resources will add a whole new dimension to the game play.
The fruits are cool. You should have to combine (pollinate) two flowers to create a fruit.

An addition I'd like to see is the ability to target individual trees.