Author Topic: Eufloria 2  (Read 38073 times)

Mv.c9

• Shoot
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Eufloria 2
« on: October 09, 2011, 08:01:55 PM »
Well, you might say too soon, but I say we should start brainstorming about it, what do you like to see in Eufloria 2? its not a sin to dream right?

I wanted it to be much much more detailed like:

1. Trees have more details, much much more details.
2. The asteroids are no longer sphere, they have imperfections and details.
3. There is a new variant called the "atmosphere", that determines the height of the tree, and frequence of seedling creation.
4. More trees, and tree customizeability:
   4.1. you can sacrifice "overall tree energy" to create a flower. the seedlings will get weaker, but you produce one flower.
5. Fruits, HIGH energy, can conquer asteroids much much faster, act like grenades when they explode.
6. Asteroid life energy, when its out of energy the trees start to  die, or stop producing seedlings.
7. to save an asteroid from dying you have to plant rejuvenation trees, that increase energy.

there is much much more. of you have more ideas please write down, Ill add them to the list, who knows maybe one day this thread will become sticky? or the devs will use it as influence?

now to visualize all I said, please see the following image attached.

So what do you think?  ;)

Pilchard123

• Tester
  • Old Oak
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 25
  • Eufloria: Yes
Re: Eufloria 2
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 09:17:14 PM »
Might be good if done right, but I do think that a large part of the charm of the game is its simplicity.

Orion63

• Sapling
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
  • We are the Knights who say... NI!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 05:28:15 AM »
Might be good if done right, but I do think that a large part of the charm of the game is its simplicity.

+1

Aino

• Ent
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 30
  • They'll eat you next!
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 06:30:16 AM »
Eyecandy on that picture! :D

I want a more detailed version Eufloria too, maybe some update later? :P

Mv.c9

• Shoot
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 04:39:43 AM »

I cant agree more, but not too simple, and not too complicated, if too complicated then we barely can see whats going on, (cause even though its very simple now we barely can see whats going on when we have 300 seedlings)

Eyecandy on that picture! :D

I want a more detailed version Eufloria too, maybe some update later? :P

+1

I say it can be more detailed and simple at the same time.
Why not reduce the number of seedlings to a 10% and give seedlings more functionality or purpose

either way, the game is awesome as it is, I think it can be even more amazing.

w4tc

• Achiever
  • Shrub
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 08:14:37 AM »
if too complicated then we barely can see whats going on, (cause even though its very simple now we barely can see whats going on when we have 300 seedlings)

? i can see it all, like the way,special and unique and his beauty
just zoom in and just relax you body and lisening to the song en soft movends of the seeds

But i like some of new tree or seed that protecting you asteriode like a foresfield

Mv.c9

• Shoot
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 03:58:35 PM »
simplicity . . . yes. what I propose keeps the simplicity but adds a little more eycandy, and more features, you can play hours and still not get bored.

btw. When is the new patch with all those new trees coming out? its released for PSN right? will there be a PC version as well? that should give us a good grasp of what to predict for Eufloria 2.

Pilchard123

• Tester
  • Old Oak
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 03:05:14 AM »
AFAIK, it will be released for PC too, but written in C++. They're having to port the entire code over to a new language (albeit still a variant of C), so it will take a while.

Mv.c9

• Shoot
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 03:33:11 AM »
AFAIK, it will be released for PC too, but written in C++. They're having to port the entire code over to a new language (albeit still a variant of C), so it will take a while.

is it going to be a patch or a complete new game download?

Pilchard123

• Tester
  • Old Oak
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 03:50:03 AM »
Dunno. A whole new download I should imagine, it seems a bit major for a patch.

SpazzyMcGee

• Seed
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 09:58:27 AM »
As has been stated, the charm of Eufloria is its simplicity. If I was the person one had to convince I would require some elaboration on what is meant by "more detail".

If by "detail" one means rounding out the curves of roots, improving the 'fractalness' of the dyson trees, and making attacks a little more flashy then I'm on-board. However, if by "detail" one means to make Euphoria look like real trees on real comets then I'm against it.

For example, I am against making comets anything other than circles.

I'm all for new gameplay elements though.

Aino

• Ent
  • Thank You
  • They'll eat you next!
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2011, 10:08:51 AM »
I believe details means more eye-candy and more fleshed out units/trees and even asteroid types. I don't believe it will affect the controls of the game.

I actually love this idea, because if you play the campaign, it uses minimum(I don't remember percicely) 10 levels of completion just do get your hands on the flowers! And that makes me a little sad...

So if you get one new addition to your army per level, it isn't that hard to manange it in the end, you do know what everything does and you have more possabilites to play like you want. Even though you have attributes, they only represent the asteroids of need and not what you really want to do. Because the level is designed for you to must have the strong asteroid in order to survive. If you like exploding seedlings for example, something which would be awesome, you want to play like that. But there is no exploding seedlings in the game and you really don't get satistfied by a strong asteroid then.

Don't take this like I'm complaining about the game, 'cause it's awesome like it is. This was just a realization for everyone against more details in general. :)

Orion63

• Sapling
  • Thank You
  • We are the Knights who say... NI!
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2011, 10:09:43 PM »
Risking starting a flame war, I disagree with you all, in almost every sense...

I don't need more units. Eufloria is incredible, because of the complex behavior of the game, that emerges from such simple rules.
I don't need more eye candy. Eufloria is one of the best designed games, I have ever played(just behind nethack ^^). It's minimalism looks and soft colors, are enough to get me addicted...

What I want is more strategic options, like torus maps, path choosing, deep-space fights, etc...

In the end, everything we ask(even the divine multiplayer), can be achieved by more modding capabilities. So support the devs :-).
I am thinking of donating a bit, when I finish my part-time job  ;D

Aino

• Ent
  • Thank You
  • They'll eat you next!
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2011, 10:16:42 PM »
What I want is more strategic options, like torus maps, path choosing, deep-space fights, etc...
Well, you want more details after all :P
But why not have more eye-candy if you can? And why not more units if you can?

And what is " deep-space fights"? :)

In the end, everything we ask(even the divine multiplayer), can be achieved by more modding capabilities. So support the devs :-).
I am thinking of donating a bit, when I finish my part-time job  ;D

I support, I want to donate. I can't though, as I don't have a job and I'm still at school... If I ever make a asuccessful game(like Minecraft succesful) I'm gonna donate atleast 100.000 british pounds to both A&R, as I learned most of my stuff because of their awesome game :)

Pilchard123

• Tester
  • Old Oak
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 01:09:31 AM »
I'm guessing fights between asteroids, like if the swarms collide in flight.