Author Topic: R.I.P Steve  (Read 3702 times)

Aino

• Ent
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 27
  • They'll eat you next!
  • Eufloria: Yes
R.I.P Steve
« on: October 07, 2011, 02:37:50 AM »
Rest in peace Steve Jobs, you've been a great inventor, creating things people didn't expect, but liked!

I know I'm delayed, but had to post this!

Bonobo

• Achiever
  • Old Oak
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 11
  • Was born, still alive.
    • German Mac Mailing Lists
  • Eufloria: Yes
Re: R.I.P Steve
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 09:25:27 AM »
Thank you, Aino. (Where’s the friggin’ Karma button? ;))

Last night I had my iPhone next to my bed, unusually. I must just have fallen asleep, when it buzzed, it was a push notice from a German News channel … I was shocked and couldn’t sleep any more, so I got up and posted my short obituary to some mac-specific forums & mailing lists as well as on FB and Google+ … was a little shy to do it here and on another mostly Windows-based forum.

Yes, I’m a “Mac person”, if one wants to divide people that way.

Steve’s opus (don’t know how else to call it) influenced my life—half of my life ago, 27 years ago–and this has never stopped. It empowered me to do things I wouldn’t have been able to do otherwise—even if I had switched over to any other OS using a graphical user interface, all lastly being copies of the Mac OS interface, which admittedly got its ideas from the Xerox labs, albeit legitimately. Without Steve’s work I’d be somewhere else, I’d be doing other things. Around half of the money I earnt in all those years I earnt because of my knowledge of computers, operating systems and for consulting and training—and migrating—people to the Mac. The other half I earnt b/c for my graphics work and for teaching others to use professional graphics tools, also 99% on the Mac.

Thank you, Steve, for showing that we have options, for giving us options, for giving me tools that empower me to do what I love to do and that enable me to love what I’m doing.