Author Topic: Asteroid Designer  (Read 108312 times)

annikk.exe

• Achiever
  • Ent
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
Re: Asteroid Designer
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2011, 06:05:29 PM »
It's not standard to the lua language so it seems like sheer blind luck that it happened to be the same command with the same variables passed as whichever other game you've modded in.  Or perhaps these things tend to be standardised in the games industry..

AWS

• Achiever
  • Arboreal Being
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2011, 05:20:01 AM »
In the mean time, I just designed an asteroid field and inserted it into the new level that I'm working on.  :D

This tool should make it relatively simple to create huge, organic-looking asteroid fields, EG like Montezuma's Revenge.  Hopefully some sweet levels will be designed with it!

wow - ive missed a lot!!!
annikk, let me know by PM when youre done with your newest offerings. samw goes for anyone else.
i have internet for the next 2 weeks (!) so im good for some updating...

this roid generator sounds amazing...
excellent work and thanks to you both for working on it. A and R must be delighted.

aws

Aino

• Ent
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 27
  • They'll eat you next!
  • Eufloria: Yes
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2011, 05:24:02 AM »
Well, I got a beta test, not very successful though, about a multimap... like a random campaign :P

You can test if you want to :D

annikk.exe

• Achiever
  • Ent
  • Thank You
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2011, 07:53:06 AM »
Hey AWS :>

This ultimately became RoidForge.  Not sure if it belongs with the other maps as its more of a tool than a level really.  You should totally check it out though - it's really quite nice.. :>

Aino

• Ent
  • Thank You
  • They'll eat you next!
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2011, 09:23:36 AM »
Hey AWS :>

This ultimately became RoidForge.  Not sure if it belongs with the other maps as its more of a tool than a level really.  You should totally check it out though - it's really quite nice.. :>

IT SHOULD BE AT THE TOP OF THE CUSTOM  MAPS POST if you put it there!

This might encourage more people :D

annikk.exe

• Achiever
  • Ent
  • Thank You
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2011, 05:12:36 PM »
I kind of think it should go under a seperate section for map-making tools.  Euclid and all the others could go there too.  Not to mention Aino's numerous useful functions such as GetScreenX.

AWS

• Achiever
  • Arboreal Being
  • Thank You
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2011, 10:53:09 PM »
alright people!!

im gettign the message that we need either a section or a totally new thread to do with Mods/ etc...

ill be honest and say it might be a while in the making if im the one to do it, which id gladly love to do, but if it is the will of the people, then sobeit  ;D

Aino...
ive missed a lot of what youve been doing and designing and if youd be so kind as to PM links to each piece of code you'd like me to add to a 'mod' thread, then th job of compiling these things is made that much easier for me.
it also gives you a chance to tell me what you'd like to 'release' and what you'd prefer ti be kept more experimental until such that you feel it complete enough to have posted on a permenant thread.

same for anyone else- anniikk, pilchard, hitman etc etc....
if you want to send me links to those codes you'd like to see on a permanent thread, ill be able to make one much more easily and quickly.

just an idea anyway.
lemme know, peeps...

aws :D

Aino

• Ent
  • Thank You
  • They'll eat you next!
« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2011, 12:00:13 AM »
The list is long AWS, and it grows :D

Dunno how I should to it, I got a tons of things out here... Like the GetMouseX() and Y... But I've forgotten alot since I'm working on Adventure... Maybe you find them in the long list of topics :/

AWS

• Achiever
  • Arboreal Being
  • Thank You
« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2011, 03:26:11 AM »
The list is long AWS, and it grows :D

Dunno how I should to it, I got a tons of things out here... Like the GetMouseX() and Y... But I've forgotten alot since I'm working on Adventure... Maybe you find them in the long list of topics :/

yeah , i was praying i wouldnt have to go through the ever lengthening list of topics!! :(
sobeit...but it will take a long time, with my lack of regular internet.

as a side note - annikk's roidforge is AMAZING!! it will save SO much time and energy.... thanks dude. this is excellent development...

SweetCandyGrimm

• Grimm
  • Shoot
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • My Juggalobook.com Profile.
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2012, 02:13:45 AM »
::) ooo yes a perm. thread for levels would rule ...  :P

minecraft <3 my other addiction
 ;D