Author Topic: Asteroid Designer  (Read 108289 times)

Aino

• Ent
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 27
  • They'll eat you next!
  • Eufloria: Yes
Re: Asteroid Designer
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2011, 01:30:14 AM »
Still I wanna see what Annikk has made :P

annikk.exe

• Achiever
  • Ent
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2011, 01:58:33 AM »
The problem with right-clicking is that it's already used for scrolling around the game area.  I think it should be left-click only for doing actions like adding or removing a roid, or changing sizes of stuff..  otherwise it's too easy to change something by accident when you accidentally right-click somewhere to move, inside of restricting yourself to movement via the scroll wheel.

Aino

• Ent
  • Thank You
  • They'll eat you next!
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2011, 02:00:48 AM »
Nahh, it counts with a starting area, if you'r starting area isn't on anything, then you're safe :)

And right click isn't moving the roids, can't cahnge size and will only make it deleted, which can easily be rewinded by adding it...

annikk.exe

• Achiever
  • Ent
  • Thank You
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2011, 02:05:54 AM »
Right click is adding asteroids.  When I try to pan the game camera over to look at a different part of the level, it creates a new asteroid at the point I "grabbed" with the cursor!  It directly interferes with the default ingame control system, imho that is not so good.  I think right mouse button should be avoided for everything except passively selecting a different asteroid, an action which by its nature is not disruptive to the design process.

Also, when you "remove" an asteroid, just set its radius to 0.  Then it will actually seem to disappear.  :>

Aino

• Ent
  • Thank You
  • They'll eat you next!
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2011, 02:09:57 AM »
No, when removing and the radius is 0, what if you clicked it by accident?

And can't you jsut convert the adding of roids to left click? I think you know where it is and where it should be... I'm busy with Terraria :P Forget that :)

annikk.exe

• Achiever
  • Ent
  • Thank You
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2011, 02:14:14 AM »
Make a 0 radius asteroid, and try to click on it.  If you manage I'll give you a thousand bucks.  :P

Anyway, I have been having a lot of ideas of my own about this.  First and foremost, I know that a lot of people have spent time trying to create Eufloria level editors in languages such as Java..  but actually, one of the best ways to create such a thing is within Eufloria itself.

We are at the cusp of something pretty important right now.  Aino, you and I are both in a position to start writing Level Editors, utilizing Eufloria itself as a visualsation tool.  This could potentially make it far easier to create levels, opening it up to lots of new people.  With our knowledge of coding, it's only a short leap at this point to imagine adding a Tick box to the level editor which installs, or does not install, Infected AI into the Dumped .lua file.  The same could be done for the 3D Starfield Engine, and the parameters could be made adjustable by sliders in the game.  Pretty much any mechanic that has been made, could be placed into the level editor so that it can write it into Dumped .lua files.

We could potentially see some awesome levels come out of this, if the level editors are easy to understand and use, and sufficiently powerful and stable.

I have some specific ideas about things that would be really awesome in a Level Editor, which I am now going to attempt to code.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 02:22:55 AM by annikk.exe »

Pilchard123

• Tester
  • Old Oak
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2011, 02:19:27 AM »
I have an Idea(tm) for asteroid removal, too. Adding to my ptype. This is going to take longer than I thought, with the stuff I just thought of.

Aino

• Ent
  • Thank You
  • They'll eat you next!
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2011, 02:20:34 AM »
Hah:

NOOOT, and how are you gonna give me a 1000 bucks?

Though I updated it with your desire... It now properly works with left click, though disabling and enabling is still right click: it doesn't affect very much, cause it is reverseable(but not with radius of 0 :o)

And Annikk, would you mind updating the front post with my newest(unless you don't :/)

annikk.exe

• Achiever
  • Ent
  • Thank You
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2011, 02:25:13 AM »
Bah... this thread moves too fast.  I posted something, then had something to add... by the time I'm done editing there's 2 new posts here!

I'm going to work on some of my own ideas for this.  Lets make competing level editors perhaps.  :>  We can steal the good bits of both from each other's.. :p

Aino

• Ent
  • Thank You
  • They'll eat you next!
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2011, 02:28:21 AM »
Aww, wouldn't it be better with cooperation, for a better and more productive community?

Pilchard123

• Tester
  • Old Oak
  • Thank You
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2011, 02:32:21 AM »
I'm still working on EUClID, though I now think of that as a tool for making things OTHER than the map layout, really. I'm still going to put a map craetor and (possibly read/editor) in it.

Aino

• Ent
  • Thank You
  • They'll eat you next!
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2011, 02:34:00 AM »
Yeah, began worrying about that...

Though this is fun: we are currently 6 users online at once: most in my forumtime :D

Pilchard123

• Tester
  • Old Oak
  • Thank You
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2011, 02:39:36 AM »
I seem to remember there being something about a polygon-drawing function... Am I tripping or have I just not been able to find it?

Also, just managed to find the song (Piano man, Billy Joel) I've been thinking of ever since I saw a bunch of drunk guys setting fire to each other's hair. Yay, drunken stag karaoke.

Aino

• Ent
  • Thank You
  • They'll eat you next!
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2011, 02:45:38 AM »
Sing us a song, you're the piano man!

I've heard that one alot! I like it alot too :)

Aino

• Ent
  • Thank You
  • They'll eat you next!
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2011, 04:58:01 AM »
I've fixed SendDistance now :)

It will make every roid reachable to the selected one flash to show what asteroids are reachable :P